Office Administrator (Raleigh, North Carolina)
Water and Land Solutions (WLS) is currently looking for an experienced Office Administrator to provide support and serve an integral role in the continued organizational development of a rapidly-growing natural resources and mitigation solutions firm. At WLS, this individual will be joining a fast-paced, family-focused and rewarding work culture. Responsibilities include performing office and project administration duties and facilitating office procedures aimed to optimize company procedures and support day-to-day operations.
This position will provide administrative support to maximize company operating efficiency. Qualified candidates must have strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent clerical and inter-personal skills.
· Working closely with WLS staff for scheduling meetings and appointments and managing company and individual staff calendars.
· Performing accounting tasks, including invoicing, vendor and sub-contractor payment, and budget tracking.
· Preparing monthly reports of project and general overhead expenses and staff time utilization.
· Regularly using and managing a range of industry standard office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
· Leading the continued development, implementation, and management of company administrative systems, such as record management, timekeeping, staff PTO tracking, company and staff expenses, payroll, and staff scheduling.
· Conducting clerical duties, including answering phone calls, greeting clients and visitors, meeting and meal organization, responding to emails and preparing and reviewing documents.
· Managing company supplies and equipment inventory and purchasing.
· Managing the maintenance of the condition of the office and equipment, including arranging for necessary cleaning, maintenance, and repairs by outside vendors.
· Conducting regular company operations duties, including mailing, coordination with IT contractor(s) and/or vendors in support of all required office computer and internet software and hardware.
· Managing contract and price negotiations with office supplies vendors, service providers and lease providers.
· Planning company activities, conferences, and team-building activities.
· Managing, assisting with, and supporting staff travel activities, including airline travel, lodging, and company vehicle use and scheduling.
Job Skills and Requirements
· Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience working in an office setting conducting the responsibilities described herein.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and staff collaboration skills
· Strong knowledge of and extensive experience with Microsoft Office software systems.
· Experience with accounting and project management software (e.g. Deltek Ajera is a plus).
· Familiar working with NCDOT accounting procedures is a plus.
· Customer-service oriented.
· Able to complete complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision.
· Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. printers, scanners, copiers, internet routers and systems).
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational and planning skills
This position is considered full time. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedule, and opportunity to work in a positive and progressive company culture.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should respond by e-mailing your cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com and reference “OA” position. Please also reference where or how you first learned heard about this position.
WLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please, no phone calls.